Monday, January 30, 2006

They're Slowly Sucking Us Dry!


The ironic thing about our choice to be "educated" is that we do it on the assumption that our investments will make us marketable and our work more lucrative. But they suck so much cash out of us, that we don't have, while we're being "educated" that I'm going to be 55 before I cut a profit.

Case in point: stupid "classroom participation" remotes. I have to use two different ones and I get to pay $22 bucks to register one of them online. What ever happened to pen and paper and raising hands? Arrrrhhh! Frustrated. I'm a little frustrated. It just feels like we get ripped off at every mandatory-charge turn. Books, workbooks, lab books, lab fees, lab supplies, remotes, CD-Roms, not to mention tuition with matriculation fees, activity fees, computer fees, etc, etc, etc. I understand that everything costs and that someone has to pay for it. It just feels like a lot of people are making a huge profit off we, the strapped students, with no other choice than to pay. (Or not attend the school, I know, I know...)

Patience. It's the year of the Fire Dog, and by gum, this year we're gonna win that blue ribbon!

posted by FPrince at 11:18 PM



3 Comments:

Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Captain Geech and the Shirmp Shack Shooters.

Tue Jan 31, 01:52:00 AM  
Blogger T.R. said...

remotes? WHAT THE CRAP.

Tue Jan 31, 11:47:00 AM  
Blogger jo said...

hear hear...

Wed Feb 01, 01:28:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home