Saturday, April 29, 2006

Not to break tradition or anything...

But I only have one thing to post. I expect everyone to have fully upgraded to Web 2.0 using the following chart adapted from this website. It is as follows:
Web 1.0 --> Web 2.0
DoubleClick --> Google AdSense
Ofoto --> Flickr
Akamai --> BitTorrent
mp3.com --> Napster
Britannica Online --> Wikipedia
personal websites --> blogging
evite --> upcoming.org and EVDB
domain name speculation --> search engine optimization
page views --> cost per click
screen scraping --> web services
publishing --> participation
content management systems --> wikis
directories (taxonomy) --> tagging ("folksonomy")
stickiness --> syndication
I see most of you have dumped your personal websites already. Wonderful, keep up the good werk.

posted by jeremy at 12:05 AM



3 Comments:

Blogger T.R. said...

I think its been almost a year since I gave geocities a proper update.

Sat Apr 29, 08:39:00 AM  
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

I had one once. I think I gave it to charity.

Sat Apr 29, 12:24:00 PM  
Blogger Awright13 said...

I had one when I was like 15...I wonder what happened to it?

Sat Apr 29, 09:08:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home