Friday, July 06, 2007

Golden boy

Wow. Last week I actually got to pour some gold, much less see any at the mine. I work with two of the refiners at the gold mineI am interning at, and one wasn't working that day, so I got to help pour, clean, stamp, and stick the bars in the vault. It was freakin' awesome. One gold brick weighed 19.54 kilograms, or 43 pounds, and consisted of 630 troy ounces of gold. With the current cost of gold being about 670$ an ounce, I hefted a 421,000 dollar object today. Too bad I won't see a dime of that. Ocean's 14, anyone?
I was, however, able to forge the "One Ring to rule them all" while I was there, so...watch out Middle Earth....it is very....preciousssssss...



posted by badgermiddlemas at 11:56 AM



2 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

That's fun that you got to work with the Good Stuff. Ferrin just surveys big piles of dirt. Valuable dirt? Not really, comparatively. But it's our dirt. :)

Mon Jul 09, 08:42:00 AM  
Blogger FPrince said...

Seriously this picture makes me laugh every time.

Wed Jul 11, 11:13:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home