Tuesday, January 31, 2006

I actually think I need advice.

Imagine that, me, needing advice. That's funny.

If you recall I applied with a company called Cosmo Store Services. They called me before Christmas to let me know they were interested in my resume and the interview process would be starting in Salt Lake soon. Almost six weeks after initial contact they called me this afternoon and left a voicemail. Ms. Janna said, "It has been a while since we've been in contact. I'm calling to tell you the interview process is set up for next week in Salt Lake City." I was stunned.

I got this job at Wal*Mart with some severe hook-ups. It was practically an inside job. We have a great closing crew. I'd hate to leave them hanging.

Let's look at it from another perspective. $8.95 per hour with Wal*Mart=$14,000 per year after taxes. Cosmo Store Services guarantees a starting wage of $25,000 per year.

So the dilema. Do I go ahead with the interview process see what comes of it? If I do go for the interviews do I tell Wal*Mart about it or do I just keep my mouth shut? But then what if I get hired? Do I tell Cosmo Store Services I already have a job?

What would be the best plan of action? If it's not listed above please feel free to comment. I'm very open to opinions because I really don't know what to do.

posted by Creativity Escapes Me at 1:53 AM



4 Comments:

Blogger T.R. said...

you're overlooking the obvious solution:

Sell all your belongings and move to Brazil.

Tue Jan 31, 11:48:00 AM  
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Ah. It all makes sence now. Brazil. Why didn't I think of this before.

Tue Jan 31, 01:02:00 PM  
Blogger Blake Baker said...

Go to the interview. Don't tell Wally(or the Beav for the matter). If they offer you a job you can always quit Wal-Mart. Just because you got set up on a date doesn't mean you have to get married to him, dig?

Tue Jan 31, 06:30:00 PM  
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Dig.

Wed Feb 01, 12:26:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home