Wednesday, August 23, 2006

So I say: "Farewell to you Indian Summer"

I love that song. Especially the recording of Frank Sinatra and Tommy Dorsey's band. The one with Ray Eberle and Glenn Miller's band is also a good one. I have a CD with both, should you want to hear it.
Ah well, summer is over and I am back in school. And ever so prepared, I might add. This morning I made breakfast for my mom and sister (both of whom are starting up at the U this semester), then showered and got a three-ring binder out of my closet so that I could put some paper in it. Then ran out the door (without a lunch) because I was going to (almost) miss the bus. Then I realize (after we've gone about five minutes) that I've forgotten my horn, and I might need it for rehearsals today.
I don't even know what groups I'm playing in.
Which brings me to the whole point of this blog. That was at 8:15 this morning. I still don't know. Good heavens, I had my audition a week ago Monday! Is it too much to ask that the suspense finally be over? My audition went well, so the hope is that I get into the top orchestra (and the top band would be cool too) -- I've never been so nervous about an audition before. I mean, nervous to the point that I broke down into tears the night before. Then again, I've never done so well either. (Just about started crying after I was done, for that matter.) But to wait a week and a half is about as much as I can handle. I don't know how many times I've stopped by the board this afternoon, hoping to see some new paper stuck to it, and frankly, if I did count it would be borderline OCD.
Maybe I'll go check again.

posted by Laverna at 6:00 PM



1 Comments:

Blogger FPrince said...

Yeah, you better go back.

Thu Aug 24, 10:58:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home