Monday, August 28, 2006

Three things...

This semester I will:
  1. Get better grades than Spencer does.
  2. Stop mentally using the words 'bite me' in unfavorable situations. This will be accomplished by:

    1. considering how I might better improve the situation to help the person, or
    2. verbally expressing the words 'bite me'.

    The decision will be made on a case-by-case basis.
  3. Keep myself motivated. I plan to do this by remembering motivational quotes like, "Remember what Vince Lombardi said - if you lose, you're outta the family" and "Reach for the grass, it's more feasible than reaching the stars, and still possible after falling flat on your face." As long as we're talking quotes, here's a good one from a movie that was on late Saturday night: "Only a Carpathian would come back to life now and choose New York."

posted by jeremy at 4:07 PM



9 Comments:

Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Nobody steps on a church in my town.

Mon Aug 28, 07:02:00 PM  
Blogger FPrince said...

I thought I was the only one that did that. Say unmentionies under my breath or just mentally. But I didn't say that. Did I? (Shoot.)

Mon Aug 28, 08:03:00 PM  
Blogger Yakko Warner said...

If you had brain one in that huge melon on top of your shoulders, you'd be living the good life in beautiful San Fernando Valley!

It should be fairly easy to get better academic grades than Spo, considering he's not getting any at the moment. However, considering the work he's doing now, I'm not sure academics would qualify as "better"...

Speaking of which, WHO HERE HASN'T WRITTEN SPENCER YET?!? GET BUSY!!!

What, me? Yes, I've written. In fact, the letter is still sitting on my computer... um... oh, look OVER THERE A CHEWNICORN!

*zip -- runs off to finish and print out Spencer's letter*

Mon Aug 28, 09:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Rachel - a friend of Spencer's and Yakko's. I have this bookmarked for his mission address.

I've written Spencer twice and I'm currently awaiting a long overdue reply. I mean, it's not like he's doing anything THAT important over there, right? ;-P

Rachel

Thu Aug 31, 03:20:00 AM  
Blogger FPrince said...

Is that movie quote from Ghostbusters? I guess I could look it up, but just for kicks and giggles...am I right? Am I right? Validate me! Grade me!

Fri Sep 01, 05:32:00 PM  
Blogger T.R. said...

A+

Sat Sep 02, 11:40:00 AM  
Blogger Yakko Warner said...

I'll give you a B.

Jeremy's quote comes from Ghostbusters 2. Allison's from Ghostbusters 1, and mine comes more or less right after Jeremy's in 2.

Mon Sep 04, 12:36:00 AM  
Blogger Creativity Escapes Me said...

Lisa...I mean Michelle not everything in life needs to be evaluated let's take, for example, your ability to guess movie lines But I still give you an A.

Mon Sep 04, 06:36:00 PM  
Blogger Laverna said...

I've written to the red-headed stepchild. Only, like a red-headed stepchild, he hasn't written back. I think we need to talk to him about his priorities.
On the motivational quotes tangent, I'm sure you're all familiar with the one by Lily Tomlin: "The only problem with the rat race is that even if you win, you're still a rat."

Tue Sep 05, 09:57:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home